Updated: March 26, 2020
As Psychologists, we know that times of crisis (pandemic related or not) can challenge the way people think, cope and experience emotion. Unfamiliar threats can trigger anxiety, depression and fear. a sacred journey psychological services inc. wishes for you to know that we stand beside you and we are here for you in your time of need. Beyond all else, we consider the health and safety of those who mean the most to us, including our fellow colleagues, our many clients and members of our communities.
Effective April 1, 2020, upon the recommendations of the College of Alberta Psychologists, our office will be closed for all in-person sessions. During this unprecedented time, we will be temporarily transitioning exclusively to Distance Psychotherapy (Secure Video & Telephone Sessions).
This decision was not arrived at lightly as we understand that for some, Telepsychology is not ideal. Please know that this is a temporary solution to assist in slowing the spread of this virus and enhancing the health and safety of everybody concerned.
While we do not know how long this situation will last, we want you to know that we are still here. Even though our office will be closed, we are still available for you administratively. Our Office Manager, Ashliegh, will be working remotely from her safe and confidential space should you require technical support or, have any concerns or questions about scheduling, billing, or any other administrative inquiries.
What you need to know:
- Our administrative office hours will remain the same, 9:30am to 4:00pm, Monday through Thursday.
- We have opened up Distance Psychotherapy as an option on our online booking portal.
- Ashliegh has opened up Technical Support as an option on our online booking portal should you wish to book a trial run for testing software or get help setting up your devices.
- If you currently have an upcoming session booked, you will be receiving a new consent form regarding Telepsychology. Please complete this consent form prior to your next scheduled session. Your psychologist or Ashliegh can assist you with any questions you may have regarding the consent form.
- Calls from your psychologist or Ashliegh may show up as “restricted” or “private numbers” during our office closure as we are using our personal cellphones and devices to reach out to you. If we do not reach you, we will do our best to leave a voice message as well as send an e-mail.
- In light of administrative support operating remotely, personal voicemail boxes for the individual psychologists will be temporarily disabled. All calls and voicemails will be filtered confidentially through Ashliegh. If you are needing to contact your psychologist outside of Ashliegh’s regular administrative hours, then please do so via e-mail. You can find your psychologist’s e-mail here: www.asjpsychological.com/contact
- Now more than ever, it is important to ensure your contact information is up to date in your client profile.
What you can do:
- Optimize your immune system:
- Eat wisely;
- Remain hygienic;
- Drink plenty of fresh water;
- Get adequate rest;
- Get adequate sun exposure;
- Practice breathing deeply;
- Remain objective;
- Continue to engage in activities that inspire you;
- Seek help if you are having difficulties managing your anxiety or feelings of depression.
- Get your information from reputable sources:
An e-mail with further details has been sent to all clients who have had an appointment with us in the last 90 days or are currently scheduled for an upcoming appointment.
If you have not received the e-mail, please check your Junk Folder.