a sacred journey psychological services inc. remains committed to maintaining the health and safety of our clients, clinicians and community members. Click on the headers below to learn more about what we are doing and what you can do to stay safe.
Our cleaning procedures are as follows:
Clinicians are expected to disinfect touch-points before and after each shift:
- Front door (inside and out);
- Handrailing & door knobs;
- Reception desk & filing cabinet drawer pulls;
- Light switches (beginning and end of shift);
- Waiting room chairs and table (after each use);
- Office chairs, couch, tables;
- Bathroom taps, toilet flusher;
- Hand sanitizer dispensers.
For disinfection and sanitization, a sacred journey psychological services inc. uses Microban: Antimicrobial Protection Following the manufacture’s instructions, all touch-point surfaces are saturated in the cleaning solution for the disinfection period.
Clients are encouraged to discuss procedures with their clinician or administration should they have any questions or concerns.
A screening survey will be sent out automatically to you 12-hours before your session. You must complete this mandatory screening. If the screening has not been completed up to 1-hour before your session, your session may be rescheduled as an online session.
Any client or clinician exhibiting any symptom of illness will be kindly asked to pivot to an online session.
- Any client or clinician exhibiting any symptoms of illness will be asked to pivot to online services;
- Clients and clinicians will keep a distance of 2 metres (6 feet) without physical contact;
- Effective September 4, 2021 continuous masking is mandatory as per the Alberta Government update on September 3, 2021. Masks must be worn at all times during your visit.
- Clients are encouraged to bring their own masks/PPE.
Please note that the above precautions may change in the event that local, provincial, or federal orders or guidelines are published. If that happens, you will be contacted by our Office Manager or your clinician.
Updated September 3, 2021
When you arrive at the clinic for your session:
- a sacred journey will continue to maintain social distancing in our waiting room and therapy offices until further notice;
- Please bring a face covering or mask for your appointment;
- Prior to entering the clinic, please be sure that your face covering or mask is on and covering your nose and mouth;
- If you are unable to wear your mask, we kindly remind you that secure video and telephone options are available;
- Our waiting room has limited space. Due to limited space, we continue to ask that only ONE guardian accompany minors to their sessions;
- Upon entry, please remove outdoor shoes. Sanitized socks are available for your use if you need them;
- Once upstairs we continue to encourage the use of hand sanitizer stations. Alternatively, you may wash your hands in the bathroom;
- If an administrator is not available when you arrive, a QR code will be posted on the door and in the waiting room. Please scan this code to “Self Check-In”. Completing the check-in process will notify your therapist in real-time that you are waiting;
- ALL visitors must complete a health screening survey.
Due to a sacred journey psychological services inc.’s growing health and safety standards as well as our increased screening, cleaning procedures, and administrative requirements, we now require 48-hour notice to cancel or reschedule a session.
Your appointment time is reserved just for you. Late cancellations or missed visits leave a hole that could have been filled by another. You are responsible for notifying your psychologist at least 48 hours in advance of a scheduled appointment if you will miss that appointment.
Missed appointments, or appointments cancelled without 48 hours notice, will be charged the full session fee.
If you are accessing your session virtually, here are some helpful resources for you: